Right now I'm carrying a large black handbag, and the flap on top is made of soft, leopard print material. My apartment in Seoul was actually right across from a locally owned store that sold a lot of adorable accessories, and every day I had to walk by the window and be tempted by dozens of cute purses. Torture, right? ;) Needless to say, when I lived in Seoul I went a little purse-crazy and bought way more than I needed so that I'm STILL using them (on and off) even now!
While most of this purse has held up nicely, the leopard print flap is getting a bit worn, so I'm not sure how much longer I'll be using it before I get rid of it. I do have to say that as a teacher it is very practical since it's so roomy. I'm always tossing rather large items into it like my water bottle, a whole bag of cough drops, students' papers, etc. So that you can see what I'm talking about, the purse made an appearance in the picture below.
The other purse that I brought with me on my move is this pink Kate Spade one. I'm telling y'all this because I kind of want my wallet to go with the purse I carry.
I used Shop Style to help me in my quest for the perfect wallet and it was easy to find some options since I was able to search by brand/price/color. Since the purses I've been carrying are pink and black, most of my selections represent that.
My picks (starting at the top left and then going from left-right) are:
1) Pearl Kiss-Lock Wallet from Charlotte Russe Since it's black it would go with either purse and pretty much any other future purse I buy. At only $10.99, the price is right and currently it's an additional 25% off. It's a checkbook wallet which I like because there ARE still a few rare occasions in which I'll have to write a check and not have any with me. I think that the clear window for IDs is a nice touch. It's ideal for me to have a special spot for my ID and not to have to sift through a bunch of credit and gift cards just to find my driver's license. A negative about this wallet is that compared with the rest of my picks, it's cheaply made. I want a wallet that's durable and last awhile!
2) Helena Travel Wallet by Liebeskind When searching for wallets, I knew I'd have to take a look at what is currently being sold at Anthropologie. That's when this beauty caught my eye. It looks like it made of high quality materials and the coolest thing is that it's designed with travelers in mind! The wallet has dividers inside so that your passport, tickets, and other items can stay organized. While I find this really neat, unfortunately I haven't exactly been traveling to other countries as much as I used to. I don't know if it would be the best wallet for daily use, and at $148 it certainly doesn't come cheap.
3) Betsey Johnson Zip Around Wallet Okay, this wallet would match my pink Kate Spade purse well and a zip around closure is always nice for someone who is paranoid about losing stuff like I am. I think the wallet is cute, but it does strike me as a little too "young."
4) Adventure Capitalist Wallet So, this wallet doesn't meet the criteria I was looking for, but it reminded me of my blog and my blog design!! I mean, look at the colors...and it has the word "adventure" in it. It had to at least go on the list. :)
5) Black Patent Tory Burch Wallet I feel like I would use a wallet like this for awhile. When I'm in doubt, I usually go with something black because those items are "safe" and timeless. This wallet was pre-owned, so there are some minor scratches, but it is on sale at the discounted rate of $75.
6) Betsey Johnson Flocked Bows Crossbody Wallet Another Betsey Johnson wallet...What can I say, I like the bow design! This wallet doesn't match either purse, but I could wear this wallet AS a purse because it comes with a removable chain. This wallet does have a lot of storage space which is good for me since I tend to carry a lot of reward cards around.
7) Rebecca Minkoff Mason Wallet I'm drawn to the envelope shape of this classic wallet. It also has two lined bill pockets which comes in handy when carrying multiple currencies around...or, lately, I use one as some emergency cash. I just used cash from there yesterday because I didn't realize that Mrs. Wilkes was a cash/check-only restaurant! One of the reasons I'm shying away from picking this one is because I feel like I've already owned something very similar to this in the past.
8) Kate Spade New York Cherry Lane Louie Wristlet Wallet So, I'm tempted by this wallet because it also doubles as a wristlet, it doesn't always have to stay hidden inside a bigger purse. Also, hello...it matches the Kate Spade purse I already own perfectly since it's the same brand! I feel like I need to search for deals and coupon codes in order to lower the $128.00 cost and that would make me more inclined to buy it!
9) Jet Set Travel Slim Saffiano Leather Wallet by Michael Kors Hmmm...I selected this wallet as a cheaper alternative to the pink Kate Spade wristlet. The price listed on Shop Style is $51.45, but when I clicked the link it wasn't on sale at all and was selling for $98.00. I liked that this wallet doubles as a clutch, but I really do prefer a wristlet over a clutch so that I can have a free hand if I need to. Since this item isn't actually on sale like I thought, it's not really in the running anymore.
Which one do you think I should get? Which one (if any) do you like the most? What do you look for when buying a new wallet?
* There are some affiliate links in this post for which I will receive a small amount of compensation, but all opinions are my own and I am genuinely considering buying one of these wallets with my own money.