The theme for this month's Glam Bag was "Glam it up." The main reason why I was excited for this month's Glam Bag was because I found out we would get six items instead of 4-5. Who doesn't love an added bonus to a bag that has been consistently a great value?
1) Pixi Beauty Bronzer Subtly Suntouched
2) Nailtini in Caviar Cocktail
3) Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon in Hot Damn
4) Starlooks Gem Pencil in Amethyst
5) Em Mascara in Black
6) GlamGlow Tingle Exfoliate Treatment
From reading other Ipsy reviews online, I see that there isn't a whole lot of variation this month between the bags.
Here's my take on the contents:
1) Pixi Beauty Bronzer Subtly Suntouched- I am very fair skinned and tend to embrace that about myself, so I don't own very much bronzer. I just have one other kind that I haven't used yet, because I fear it's going to be too dark and look completely unnatural. This bronzer, on the other hand, looks lighter than my other one, so I decided to go ahead and give it a whirl. Lo and behold, it is a good fit for my complexion and doesn't look too dark or fake. This item is a win for me.
2) Nailtini in Caviar Cocktail- This is my first bottle of Nailtini polish and I'm happy about receiving one since I have seen it appear in many previous Ipsy Glam Bags. The only thing that sort of stinks is that I would have much rather gotten this polish in the beautiful shade of rose gold that some other subscribers received. This color is very similar to Julep's Stefani, which I already own.
3) Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon in Hot Damn- This is a really great, vibrant shade of red. I will use this when creating a bolder look, but probably not every day. I could see how some people might not like this color, but I personally like this shade. I've swatched it below along with the next item.
4) Starlooks Gem Pencil in Amethyst- I love the shade of this pencil! It can be used as eyeliner or a shadow. I was happy to get this because the shimmer is perfect for the holidays and I don't have any eyeliners in anything other than black and brown. This is a nice change.
5) Em Mascara in black- This is the item I'm the least thrilled about because I have received two other black mascaras in the August and September Ipsy Glam Bags. Of all the items to try from Em, I would have preferred something else.
6) GlamGlow Tingle Exfoliate Treatment- I like masks and I haven't tried this particular type before, so it's nice to have the chance to try something I wouldn't have normally bought myself. I would rather have the full sized version of this and a sample sized mascara.
Overall: Besides the bore of receiving yet another black mascara, I think my Ipsy Glam Bag is great this month. The extra item makes the value of the overall bag even higher than it usually is! Even though I have a ton of makeup already, this is one subscription service that I cannot bring myself to cancel or even take a break from yet.