* Mail out my Pay-It-Forward gifts. I was able to mail out all of my Pay-It-Forward gifts for 2013, and I'm sort of glad that is over. Last year on Facebook I commented on a friend's post that said, "2013 Pay-It-Forward. The first five people to comment on this status will receive from me, sometime in the next calendar year, a gift-perhaps a book or baked goods, or a candle, music-a surprise! There will likely be no warning and it will happen whenever the mood strikes. The catch? Those five people must make the same offer in their FB status and INBOX me their current address." I got sort of irritated at this whole thing because not everyone I sent gifts to paid it forward or posted this as their status, which sort of defeats the whole purpose. Oh, well, I did my part and I'm glad that everyone liked their gifts.
* Start Christmas shopping. Amazingly, I am almost done Christmas shopping! I accomplished a lot in a short period of time with this. I just have to pick up some more things for my boyfriend and get something else for a friend and after that I think that I am pretty much done. :)
* Take 10,000 steps a day. I have been trying to walk more and I exercised twice this week and also will tomorrow, so that has to count for something...The thing is I haven't been wearing my Fitbit. I don't mind wearing it when I have long sleeves to cover it up, but I don't really like for it to show, and I have been wearing a lot of blazers with three quarter length sleeves. I wore it a couple of days, and on those days I did make my goal. I wish I could wear it on my ankle and have it not show, haha...
* Schedule appointments. I am not going to do this until next year. I'm not trying to be political here, but I am just stating that because of Obamacare, I am unable to keep my current health insurance because apparently it does not meet the minimum requirements. I don't think the insurance I have now is actually that bad, but I don't have any major health problems and don't go to the doctors that often. I went maybe three times and all three times I only had to pay a co-pay. Since I am being forced to switch my health insurance, I want to just wait until I get my new insurance in January before I deal with scheduling appointments.
* Finish reading Allegiant. I am further into the book for sure, but for some reason I just haven't been in a book reading mood lately, and I'm not going to force it. I've been much more into reading blogs and magazines.
The photo theme for this week's Weekly Wishes is Love, so I decided to pick an old picture of when my younger sister Denise and I first met my sister Melissa in the hospital, right after she was born. My sisters really are my best friends, just like my mom told me they would be one day.
My goals for this week are to:
*Spend some quality time with my family. My sister is back in town visiting from Michigan, and she is in school for speech pathology, so she can't make it back to Ohio that often because of her busy schedule. I got to hang out with her almost the whole day today and did request to not work on Friday so that my family can have an early Christmas celebration with her before she heads back to Michigan.
*Make plans with my friends who are visiting from out of town. A couple of my close friends are coming back to visit their families over the holidays, and I am dying to see them! One friend lives in California, and I'm glad her family still lives nearby so that I also get the pleasure of seeing her.
*Finish up my Christmas shopping. I definitely don't want to be out doing this on Monday the 23rd, but I think I'll be okay if I go over the weekend. Like I said, I am almost all done so it shouldn't be a problem.
Another goal of mine is just to make it through tomorrow and Wednesday! I have to work until 2:30 AM on Tuesday, but forgot that I did, so I said I would sub on Wednesday. I will get 3 and a half hours of sleep max...then on Wednesday after subbing for eight, I have to work eight hours. I totally did this to myself (on accident), and tried to get someone to switch me shifts at work, but they couldn't. I am going to be one tired gal on Thursday. I am one of those people who is very affected by sleep, too...some people can sleep just 3 or 4 hours a night and be fine, but when I get little to no rest I am out of it and can't function like I usually do. I am really grateful for work, but next time I will be consulting my planner before making commitments like this!
I hope that you all have a lovely week!