Weekly Wrap Up #2
The best thing that happened: The parents of one of the students I substitute teach recognized me at the movie theater when I was working. They approached me and told me that their daughter was so happy to have me as a sub and that she talked about me at home. The mom said her daughter really loves me and grows attached to her subs, especially to me. That meant a lot because her daughter is such a sweet girl, and I'm glad I established rapport with her. Her comments made my week!
The worst thing that happened: I know I mentioned on here before that I have had some chronic back pain. Some days my back hurts a lot, then it will hurt less for a few days, but it always seems to return. This week it has been really bad! On Saturday it hurt so much that I had to cancel plans with my mom because it was painful to walk. I know I'm no teenager, but I just don't feel like it is normal for my back to be this bad at my age--I need help. I felt like senior citizens were more mobile than I was on Saturday. I'm calling early in the AM on Monday to set up an appointment with someone who specializes in orthopedics.
Other positive things that occurred:
*More than 15 of you linked up last week for the first Weekly Wrap Up, which was awesome! I really had a good time reading about everyone's weeks and weekends.
* I thought I was going to lose my subbing jobs again because of the weather. On Wednesday schools were closed because of a snowstorm, but since I was subbing for Dibels testing, the secretary asked me to sub on Thursday instead, so I still got two days of subbing in, yay!
* My new health insurance card arrived in the mail yesterday. My insurance got canceled on Dec. 31st, 2013, so in January I wasn't covered at all because I missed a deadline for signing up. I just feel relieved knowing that if I'm sick I can go to the doctor's and not have to worry. Plus, it will be helpful for my back problem.
* I went to Bingo again and won a free game. It costs almost $20 to play, so I now have another chance to win some cash without having to spend anything.
* My mom treated me to brunch at a cute cafe where I had some delicious quiche, broccoli salad, and a pistachio muffin. It was nice of her to invite me out and pick up the bill.
* The prizes from the giveaway I won arrived in the mail and I started reading Someday My Prince will Come, which I have to say that I'm liking so far. Thanks, Jacky!
* I found out about this mug swap! Doesn't it look like so much fun? I love meeting and connecting with other bloggers.
* I had some great conversations about nails with my co-worker, Dianna. Check out her fabulous gel nails!!
Weekly Wrap Up Rules
1) Follow your hosts Rachael @ The Rachael Way and Lisa @ Ameliorer la Vie.
2) Share what you have been up to this past week and link your post up with us every Monday.
3) Hop around and comment on at least two other people's posts.
4) Link your post back to us in some way. We have a cute button for you to grab. :)
5) Have fun reading about how other bloggers spent their week!
** If you would like to tweet about the link up, feel free to use #weeklywrapup.