For my sister's bridal shower, I included an index card with everyone's invitation and asked them to write out one of their favorite recipes and to bring it with them on the day of the shower. My sister said that she uses the recipes she was given all the time. When I went to visit her, we decided to make some S'Mores cookies together, which was one of the recipes she got on the day of her shower. :)
As you can see, we made our cookies a little too large and some of them baked into each other, so we'll keep that in mind for next time. Otherwise, they came out great and tasted fabulous!
Ingredients for S'Mores Cookies
1 ½ c all purpose flour
1 c graham cracker crumbs
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 dash cinnamon
2 sticks butter, softened
¾ c sugar
¾ c brown sugar
1 t vanilla extract
2 c miniature chocolate chips
1 ½ c mini marshmallows
2 Hershey bars, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt, and dash of cinnamon.
3. In a second larger bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 8 minutes and remove from oven. Push 3-6 marshmallows and a few pieces of the Hershey bar into each cookie. Return to the oven and bake an additional 3-4 minutes until fully cooked. Yields approximately 4 dozen cookies.