* Helping someone out or having someone help me. One veteran teacher at my school has really gone out of her way to help answer my questions, and believe me, I have a lot of them.
* Pay days!! I find this VERRRY strange, but I got paid for two weeks of work on Friday and the money was in my account before I even finished working on Friday, which was one of the days I got paid for. At every other place I worked at there was always a delay in the payroll period, but I guess not at my current school district. Hey, I'm not complaining and was super happy on Friday when I got my first paycheck since June. :)
* Gorgeous weather. Yesterday it was just perfect out...It was in the upper seventies, sunny, and there wasn't a single cloud in the sky. Just getting to go out and breathe in fresh air in nice weather can be glorious.
* Buying myself flowers.
* Getting support from my friends and family. My sister Denise is just the best...We spent two hours talking last night about some difficulties we were facing and she told me, "Just so you know, I'll always be here for you to listen and support you." Just hearing those words meant so much.
* Everett's jokes and humor. It's nice not to take everything so seriously and just having a good laugh every now and again can do wonders.
* Seasonal treats. Of course now I'm on a pumpkin kick like I am every fall. I really love Dunkin Donut's pumpkin mocha iced lattes.
* Getting extra days off. This won't happen for awhile, but I'd love to just have a catch up day so that I can relax for two full days and then get stuff done on my extra day off. :) Right now, I take Saturday for myself and spend Sunday getting ready for my next teaching week.
* Escaping reality with a good book or with a movie. You guys, I want to see Gone Girl soooo badly...hopefully I can next weekend.
* Retail therapy. There's nothing like a successful shopping spree!
* Getting pampered. I'm talking about a massage, getting a facial, or a mani/pedi.
* Words of affirmation. I think that is my "love language," but I'm also big on it in all areas of my life. One of my teaching mentors e-mailed me telling me I was doing a good job, and her feedback really made me feel better.
* Accomplishing a goal or crossing something off of my to-do list.
* Traveling and planning a trip. I've been e-mailing a few friends to see if they would like to take a trip with me this summer.
* Blogging and reading other people's blogs. I like 98% of other bloggers (there are always a few ratchets, haha), and am happy to be a part of this great community!
* Comfort food. Of course now that I'm in the South, traditional Southern meals are easier to come by, but a good old bowl of chicken noodle soup or a grilled cheese sandwich sometimes just hits the spot.
* Organizing my desk after teaching. By the end of the day, my desk can get pretty messy. Putting everything back in the right spot helps me feel more prepared for the next day.
* Getting any sort of deal or freebie.
* Feeling prepared at work.
* Getting the right amount of sleep and getting on a schedule.
What always makes you feel better?