I thought about writing the standard "Never Have I Ever" post, but once I realized that most of what I'd stated was travel related, I decided to just scrap it and make this whole list revolve around travel. Why not, right?
* Knock on wood, but I've never gotten pick pocketed while traveling. Hopefully I did not just jinx myself!
* I've never stayed on a resort until this January when I went to the Maldives.
* I have never been on a cruise. I've been on plenty of boats and have even slept in a private room on some overnight ferries, but none of these were actual cruises.
* South America and Antarctica are two continents I've never gone to. I haven't even made it to Central America yet...not even Mexico which shocks most of my friends since that is a popular destination for so many Americans.
* Although I did go parasailing and paragliding while traveling, I have not gone skydiving and bungee jumping and don't think I ever want to! I've also never been zip-lining or white water rafting, but I'd like to do those in Costa Rica one day.
* I've never camped in the USA, my home country. I have camped in Canada and slept in a swag in Australia, but for some reason I just never did in the States.
* I've never driven a car in another country besides in the USA, Canada, and in Italy. Part of this is because my cars have always been automatic, so I never learned how to drive stick shift. One of my goals is to eventually learn how since in some countries automatic cars are harder to come by.
* There are some modes of transportation I've never taken such as a dog sled, a felucca, or a Peruvian reed boat. Also, I have always wanted to do a hot air balloon ride, so maybe one day soon...
* I've never watched a soccer game in Europe. Although I'm not really that into sports, I would like to go for the experience!
* I haven't eaten dog, whale, horse, turtle, live octopus, or any type of insect. I used to be vegetarian and am easily grossed over meat.
* Surfing and diving are two outdoor activities I have not tried. When I was a kid I could swim well, but as a young adult, I quit going to the pool, so now I don't feel as comfortable in the water. I'd like to become a stronger swimmer before attempting either of these.
What are some of your traveling I Nevers?